2021 Winners of Third Annual Chapter Awards The Foggies Announced
We are excited to announced the winners of our third annual awards program, The Foggies. We held our first hybrid awards ceremony on October 28 at 620 Jones cocktail bar, where we recognized the San Francisco Bay Area’s best public relations and communications programs and the brightest professionals who bring them to life.
The prestigious program was open to public relations and communications professionals from agencies, in-house teams, and nonprofits. The hybrid ceremony was emceed by Katina Tinka Bush, PRSA-SF director of awards. Catherine Hernandez, senior vice president and chief communications officer for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, as well as PRSA San Francisco Bay Area 2021 Woman of the Year, was also acknowledged during the ceremony.
The 2021 winners include:
- Small Agency of the Year - Bospar: The Politely Pushy All-Virtual PR Agency
- Mid-size Agency of the Year - Hotwire PR
- Professional of the Year - Curtis Sparrer of Bospar
- Rising Star of the Year - Sarah Mattina from JetBlue Technology Ventures
- Standout Tactic of the Year - Believe in Banking: Platform with a Purpose” - submitted by Lynn Harris Medcalf, on behalf of their client, Adrenaline
- Campaign of the Year - Navigating the 2020 Holiday Shopping Season”- submitted by Walker Sands, on behalf of their client, Iterable
Sponsors for the third annual PRSA-SF Foggies Awards included BusinessWire, Cision, Paul Sakuma Photography, and Swift Incentives.
A full list of past winners can also be found on the chapter website. Award entries this year were judged by PRSA Hampton Roads Chapter in Virginia to ensure an honest and unbiased process, while maintaining an ethical standard and avoiding any potential conflicts of interest.
Pictures from the event
Photo credit: Paul Sakuma