End of the Year Note from 2023 Chapter President, Katina Tinka Bush
To PRSA-SF Bay Area Members, Friends and the larger San Francisco Bay Area public relations and communications community,
I can’t believe it is December already. This yeaf has been a whirlwind, full of interactivity, and all around a great success. Our first full year of in-person programming since 2019 was expertly supported by a steady Board of Directors and supplemented by enthusiastic committee members within the PRSA community.
Here are some of the highlights from 2023:
- We relaunched our monthly networking programs with professional development elements and opportunities to build connections at several venues in San Francisco, hosting more than 200 professionals across 10 in-person events from February to December.
- We posted the first net gain in membership since 2020.
- Our sponsors and partners have returned, earning us 300% more sponsorship revenue compared to the previous 3 years.
- We hosted the 5th annual Foggies Awards, and the largest holiday Jingle Mix & Mingle party since 2019!
- We demonstrated our continued commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, by honoring our PR Woman of the Year, Diana Haven, and creating a space through programming dedicated to important conversations in the workplace.
- We supported our larger SF Bay Area public relations and communications community with educational programs, by providing resources, and more.
I am grateful to have served as your 2023 Chapter President! These accomplishments would not have been possible without the 2023 Board of Directors. A big thank you to them for their passion, ingenuity, flexibility and everything they did this past year to move our chapter forward. I am happy to pass the baton to Lynnea Olivarez (our mentorship program champion since 2021) and I know she will lead the PRSA-SF Bay Area members with enthusiasm to keep growing both our membership and the opportunities for success in career and beyond.
If you are not yet a PRSA member, I encourage you to consider joining in the new year. Also, sign up for our newsletter (The Golden Gate Insider) to receive the latest PRSA-SF news and up-to-date information on resources, events, job opportunities, and so much more.
Thank you to the current members, future members, our sponsors, students, and the entire Bay Area PR community for making this such an amazing year. I wish everyone a joyful, festive and fabulous holiday season.
May you relax a bit, celebrate with friends and family, commemorate all the wonderful things behind you, and prepare for what lies in the new year ahead.
Cheers and Happy Holidays!
Katina Tinka Bush
2023 PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter President