PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Appoints 2021 Board of Directors
The Public Relations Society of America San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF), one of the five founding PRSA Chapters, has announced its 2021 Board of Directors. The latest board members are leaders in their fields and comprise a distinguished group of directors committed to supporting the public relations industry during the many new challenges presented by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and beyond. Committed to advocacy, mentorship, diversity and inclusion they are ready to give back to the industry in their volunteer roles.
The 2021 directors bring with them years of experience and multiple members have accreditation in public relations. They work in a variety of industries, including technology, higher education, nonprofit organizations, government and independent practitioners.
Jocelyn Arellano has been elected president following immediate past President Jenna Watson-Gudgel. In her role as president, Arellano will lead the more than 225 active chapter members representing agencies and in-house brands. She currently serves as a senior account executive for Zeno Group and was previously the director of diversity and inclusion for the PRSA-SF chapter.
“I am honored and thrilled to continue moving our chapter forward despite the challenges from 2020,” said PRSA-SF 2021 President Jocelyn Arellano. “We have an incredible board heading into 2021 who are dedicated to the advancement of the profession and our members. The PRSA-SF chapter will continue to offer virtual professional development programs, educate our members on the changing landscape and continue our important work in diversity and inclusion.”
The board of directors for 2021 include:
- President: Jocelyn Arellano, Senior Account Executive, Zeno Group
- CFO/Treasurer: Tana Johnson, Head of Customer Success, Businesswire
- Secretary: Harper Schmidt, Supervisor, PAN Communications
- Director, Membership: Alena Sanderson, Account Executive, Zeno Group
- Director, Professional Development: Alison Hawkes, APR, Public Affairs Officer, NASA’s Ames Research Center
- Director, Diversity & Inclusion: Monique Johnson, Head of People, Nectar Communications
- Director, Sponsorship & Strategic Partnerships: Angie Graf, Recruiter & Talent Partner, PR Talent
- Director, Awards Program: Katina Tinka Bush, APR, PR, Marketing & Communications Strategist
- Co-Directors, Programs: Jennifer Tang, Director of Marketing & Media Engagement, Singapore Global Network and David Boman, Manager, Global Public Affairs, Intuitive
- Director, Social Events: Angela Baldwin, Baldwin PR & Marketing
- Director, Communications: Sarah McBride, Associate Director, Marketing & Communications at The University of Texas at Arlington College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- Director, Student Affairs: Nick Rizzo, Account Associate, Hotwire
- Director, Ethics: Mitchell Friedman, Ed.D., APR, Leadership and Communication Skills Consultant, Crisis Communications Researcher, Professor
- Director, APR: Catherine Brozena, APR, Owner, Creative Director, Color This World Communications
- Director, Mentorship: Curie Sevilla, APR, Business Strategist, Stanford Conferences
- Director At-Large: John McCartney, Founder, JMac PR
- D&I Director At-Large: Y’Anad Burrell - Founder, Glass House Communications
- Director At-Large: Scott Wintner, Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Communications, San Jose Airport
- Director At-Large: Brooks Wallace, Director, Nectar Communications
- Immediate Past President: Jenna Watson-Gudgel, PR & Communications Manager, HR.com
Voting was conducted among chapter membership in December, and the directors begin their new roles in January 2021. To read more about the board of directors, please visit https://www.prsasf.org/staff/.