PRSA 2011 WESTERN DISTRICT CONFERENCE
April 27-29, 2011
The Venetian Resort & Casino, Las Vegas
Be sure to register before March 25 to get the early bird discount and be eligible to win a gift certificate for the Canyon Ranch SpaClub valued at $230! If your organization is sending two or more attendees, check with Lori Bachand about getting special deals as an event sponsor. Click here to register. https://prsalasvegas.com/register_new.php?id=9
FABULOUS PR WORKSHOP FOR NON-PROFITS
We had a great, “first annual” free PR workshop for the non-profit community on Wednesday, November 10. "Building Your Nonprofit PR Toolkit: Vital Ingredients to Success" was attended by approximately 80 professionals from Bay Area non-profits. Veteran PRSA-SF members led sessions on crisis communications, communications planning and implementation, traditional and new media relations, use of spokespersons, and leveraging corporate sponsorships.
The event was underwritten by Mechanics Bank. Our keynote, Jennifer Byrd, national public relations director for the Salvation Army, shared stories of how she used public relations and social media to get the Salvation Army’s message in front of critical audiences. Clayton Lloyd, regional vice president in the Retail Group at Mechanics Bank, spoke eloquently about the challenges and opportunities facing Bay Area non-profit organizations. It was a lively and informative event and we look forward to putting together another one next year! Stay tuned.
Resource Documents: Your PR Toolkit: Vital Ingredients to Success Summary of Workshop Takeaways
A big thank you to Mechanics Bank, PRSA-SF members, and the following presenters for joining us and making the event such a success:
- Michael Fineman, President, Fineman PR
- Bryan Scanlon, President, Schwartz Communications
- Mary Tressel, APR, AMF Media
- Ann Barlow, Vice President, Peppercom
- Phyllis Goodman, APR, Healthcare Comm.Advisor
- Holly Potter, VP, Public Relations, Kaiser Permanente
- Jennifer Temple, EVP & GM, Hill & Knowlton
- Kevin Elliott, Senior Vice President, Hill & Knowlton
- Larene Pare, Senior Account Executive, Business Wire
- Lydia Graham, President, Graham & Associates, Inc.
- Traci Stuart, Vice President, Blattel
- Carol Crawford, APR, Principal, Crawford Communications
- Beverly Butler, Vice President, Wells Fargo
- Jennifer Byrd, The Salvation Army, Keynote Speaker