(SOLD OUT) Pitching Boot Camp: Secrets of New Media Relations
PRSA-San Francisco presents a half-day workshop, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. by Michael Smart, an independent communications trainer who helps PR pros improve their pitching success rate and enhance their PR writing. He is regularly among the highest-rated speakers at the industry’s largest conferences.
Michael’s most popular workshop offers hundreds of intensely practical tips that will instantly boost your media and blog coverage. Those trained by Smart have scored coverage on the front page of the New York Times, in the Wall Street Journal and USA Today, and on CNN and NBC’s “Today.”
You will learn:
- How to take advantage of the upheaval in the media industry.
- “Story boosters” that turn ordinary news into stories journalists and bloggers crave.
- The anatomy of perfect phone and email pitches.
- What to say or write to grab influencers’ attention every time.
- How pitching bloggers is similar to and different from pitching to other media.
- The secret test journalists subconsciously apply to every pitch that has nothing to do with newsworthiness.
- Four proven formulas for winning email pitch subject lines.
- A specific pattern for knowing exactly when to follow up with your media contacts, and when not to.
- What most annoys journalist and bloggers, and how to avoid it!
Take advantage of Early Bird pricing now! Just $95 for Chapter Members / $195 for Non-Members until February 28th. Registration fees will raise on March 1st to $145 for Chapter Members / $245 for Non-Members. $45 for student registrations with a current student ID card.
Special group pricing for groups of 4 or more from the same company. Get the membership rate for all 4 attendees. Email email@example.com if you would like to attend as a group.
Wells Fargo Training Center
333 Market Street
San Francisco , CA 94104