Diversity in PR: Seeing the Value in a Time of Need
Co-hosted by PRSA Silicon Valley & PRSA San Francisco
Sponsored by: TRULIA
For more than a decade, PRSA’s leaders have sought to bring attention to the issue of diversity in the public relations profession with a mission to:
- Make PRSA more inclusive and welcoming by reaching out to industry professionals of diverse racial backgrounds, ethnicities and sexual orientations
- Help diversify the industry by supporting minority candidates who aspire to a career in public relations by helping them develop industry knowledge, relevant skills and a network of professional contacts
- Bring multicultural understanding and expertise to public relations professionals in order to address the diverse audiences in the nation.
PRSA’s Silicon Valley and San Francisco chapters have convened a talented group of media, marketing, public relations and diversity inclusion experts to discuss best practices at identifying and recruiting elite talent with a diversity-focused lens on October 7 during NationalDiversity Month.
Join us as we hear top media and PR professionals who will address diversity agenda topics such as: talent pipeline, supplier diversity, equitable talent development, CEO/leadership commitment, best practices and case studies.
Cocktails and appetizers will be provided!
- Barbara Williams, Chief Global Diversity Officer, Oracle
- Kristen Go, Asst. Managing Editor, The San Francisco Chronicle
- Joe Vasquez, Journalist, KPIX5 News; CBS TV. (@joenewsman)
- Dionicio Hernandez, Account Supervisor of Mosaico, Latino and Multicultural Division, FineManPR (@NicioHernandez)
- Jessica Airey, Diversity & Inclusion Liaison, PRSA National (@jessicaairey)
- Moderated by former PRSA SF President Netta Hayes.
116 New Montgomery, 9th Floor
San Francisco , CA 94105