Communications Specialist, Content Manager
Filing deadline: 6/22/2018 5:00 PM PDT
Salary: $88,790 - $107,952/year
The San Francisco Human Services Agency (HSA) is hiring a Communications Specialist to take on the role of Content Manager for our website – sfhsa.org – and social media channels. The Communications Specialist will lead our social media strategy and participate in the full web production lifecycle, including management of editorial calendars, scoping out content requirements, and ongoing refinements that help connect San Franciscans to vial social services programs. Successful candidates must not only understand how to craft compelling content and stories, but also how to deliver targeted, integrated campaigns across our website, social media, intranet, events, and other channels. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about defining our Agency voice and loves to help creatively build a brand. You will report to the Director of Communications.
· Create informative, user-focused, and visually compelling content across internal and external communication channels (web, social media, intranet, and marketing collateral);
· Serve as website chief editor, working in collaboration with our program managers, community partners, developers, UX designers, and service designers;
· Manage workflows within our web content management system, adhering to consistent voice and brand guidelines;
· Own content calendars to ensure our website and social channels remain fresh and engaging;
· Incorporate learnings from analytics data into the development of content;
· Develop public relations and digital marketing programs that support HSA’s brand strategy objectives, and engage the public;
· Cultivate our overall social media strategy with the following objectives: brand awareness, key stakeholder engagement, cultural competency, and outreach to San Francisco’s many diverse communities;
· Lead the development and execution of strategic social media plans, including managing social media accounts;
· Evaluate social marketing campaigns for effectiveness with the goal of increasing access to our services; and
· Lead the work of in-house and agency resources for graphic design, photography, video production, and copywriting.
Why Join the Communications Team?
We are at an exciting juncture in our work. We are in the process of building a communications team and infrastructure to make our critical services more accessible to the public.
Over the coming months and years, we will:
· Deploy continuous iteration and enhancements to our new custom-built, user-centered website;
· Overhaul the Agency’s brand and visual identity to make our quality human services more accessible to the public;
· Take our social media channels to the next level with targeted campaigns to reach more people in need of our services;
· Develop internal and external communications plans, with targeted, data-driven outreach campaigns and materials;
· Move toward more digital, on-line delivery systems of human services.
Our Communications team is responsible for connecting San Franciscans to vital social services and keeping the public informed about public assistance such as the Affordable Care Act, food stamps, early education, and support for our aging population. At a time of great uncertainty at the federal level—particularly for immigrant communities—you will help shape and modernize the way one of the most progressive human service agencies in the nation communicates about a safety net system that touches nearly one in four San Franciscans.
We are looking for someone who is:
We want talented people with diverse experiences, who are inspired by our mission. We seek those who are excellent writers and communicators, strong collaborators, and reflective thinkers to join our growing team. We want creative individuals who can communicate the compelling story of our work through social media and engaging content for the web. We need people who are self-motivated to get the job done, build relationships, and manage a variety of communications projects across the Agency and consultant teams.
A few reasons you might love this job:
1. We have a compelling mission at a historic moment in our nation;
2. We do transformative work in moving people out of poverty to economic security. We want San Franciscans to know our story; and
3. We have committed, smart colleagues (who also happen to have a sense of humor).
A few challenges you might face in this job:
1. We’re building a new communications infrastructure from the ground up which will take time and dedication from our communications professionals to be successful;
2. We have a large number of programs and services that span three City departments. There are competing priorities to manage throughout our strategic communications planning processes; and
3. Our work is often impacted by shifting political priorities and policies at the local, state, and national level.
- URL: https://www.jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=TEX&R2=9252&R3=902588
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Education Required:
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Journalism, Communications, Public Administration, Business, or a related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience leading the major functions of a public affairs, public information, or public relations unit, AND One (1) year of professional experience in social media, digital engagement or web content management.
Substitution: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). Thirty (30) semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units equal one (1) year.
San Francisco Human Services Agency
San Francisco CA
United States of America
- Contact Method:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process.
Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
Select the desired job announcement
Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
Follow instructions on the screen