Corporate Communications Manager
Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Fetzer Vineyards is the world’s largest winery certified as a B Corporation and the recipient of a United Nations Momentum for Change award for global leadership in climate-smart winegrowing. A wine industry leader in using business as a force for good, Fetzer Vineyards stewards an award-winning portfolio of multi-origin wines and spirits that are available in more than 50 countries worldwide. Founded by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, California, in 1968, Fetzer Vineyards today remains driven by excellence, innovation and longstanding commitments to the environment, regenerative agriculture, and responsible business practices.
In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Anthony’s Hill, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American selections from Chile and Argentina.
In the newly created role of corporate communications manager, you will implement internal and external communications programming designed to build awareness of key initiatives and culture inside and outside the winery. In addition to excellent communication, storytelling and project management skills, you will demonstrate the business acumen to quickly learn our business and work seamlessly cross-functionally to deliver results. This role reports to the Director of PR & Communications and plays an integral role in the winery’s communications team.
As Corporate Communications Manager, you will implement a roadmap for new internal and external communications initiatives to support the company's purpose, direction and culture. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Human Resources and Regenerative Development/Sustainability teams as well as executives and key stakeholders to plan and execute strategic communications. In addition, you will build and enhance effective communications channels among key audiences to drive awareness, engagement, inspiration and targeted results, ultimately demonstrating leadership while working collaboratively as part of a growing marketing team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with PR & Communications Director to implement an overarching enterprise communications strategy, collaborating across functions to ensure an integrated and aligned approach.
- Provides strategic counsel on communicating effectively with diverse internal and external audiences and ensures communication vehicles are well positioned, appropriate and effective.
- Understands the dynamics of the business, organizational structure, and alignments, as well as the outside market, competitive landscape, and other external realities and the impact they have on the organization.
- Oversees internal and external resources for producing communications assets, and adheres to budgets and timelines in producing compelling content. Ensures adherence to enterprise brand guidelines and quality standards.
- Holds responsibility for monitoring and reporting on KPIs related to employer brand, internal, and external corporate communications initiatives.
- Suggests best practices and innovations in communications to enhance the quality and efficacy of communications.
Corporate & Employer Brand PR:
- Corporate Comms - Develops and distributes media communications such as press releases and advisories, and acts as internal point of contact for inbound media queries. Builds relationships with impactful media germane to the corporate brand.
- Employer Brand - Convenes resources, builds alignment and implements a variety of communications programs laddering to the employer brand content calendar, and opportunistic communications needs as they arise. Employer brand key communications channels include LinkedIn, job search channels and select social media.
- Stewards award applications for the corporate entity, managing development of all materials, building alignment with key stakeholders, and promoting recognitions received.
- Selectively represents the company in policy advocacy initiatives, including those related to winery’s positions around climate-smart legislation at the state and federal levels.
- Supports management of corporate PR agency, when such resources are engaged.
- Provides senior-level support for crisis management issues as part of triage team as needed.
- Convenes resources, builds alignment and implements a variety of internal communications programs laddering to the internal communications content calendar, and opportunistic communications needs as they arise.
- Partners with HR, Regenerative Development/Sustainability and other key functional groups to develop authentic narratives that meet groups’ communications objectives and align with company purpose and values.
- Develops executive communications, ensuring executive voice is authentic and content resonates with audience.
- Partners with stakeholders and PR team to continually evaluate employee engagement needs, and assist in identifying and deploying enhanced programs.
- Ensures adherence to corporate brand guidelines and tonality across all internal communications; actively recommends opportunities to enhance representation of corporate brand across projects.
- URL: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3393354
- Level: Mid
- Position Reports To: Director of PR & Communications
- Location: Remote during SIP; later blend of remote and onsite in Healdsburg, CA Location: While you will initially work remotely during shelter in place (SIP), after restrictions ease, this role may shift to a blend of working remotely and onsite. Ideal candidates will reside in the San Francisco Bay Area with the ability to work from home as well as commute some of the time to our offices in Sonoma County. There will be occasional meetings at the corporate office located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland,
- Starts On: Feb. 21, 2021, 4:27 a.m.
- Code: PRSASF
Must possess solid writing and presentation skills, excellent phone manners and professionalism, and
telegraph ease while interacting with key partners, colleagues and media at all levels. Attention to detail is
a must. The ideal candidate has experience in internal communications, a desire to translate corporate
culture into compelling narratives, the gravitas to professionally represent the company externally to key
stakeholder groups, and the ability to focus and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in communications, public relations or related field required and five to ten years related experience, or equivalent combination education/experience.
• Experience in internal communications, ideally for a B2C business; CPG experience a plus.
• Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including in today’s digitally focused work environment.
• Emotionally intelligent, with strong business acumen and ability to show up as a consummate communications expert.
• An uncompromising commitment to quality and detail.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to independently manage projects to completion.
• Devoted to metrics and insights-driven decision-making.
• Capacity to build rapport and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, and with all levels within the organization.
• Solution-driven with excellent reasoning, research and analytical skills.
• Self-reliant, proactive, assertive, and results-oriented.
• Advanced computer skills, web-based systems.
• Sound judgment when working with beverage alcohol and in hospitality environments.
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality; handle sensitive or proprietary company information in a confidential manner.
• Optimistic, energetic, flexible, collaborative, easy to work with.
Ability to lift and carry, push and pull up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis; ability to sit and work at a desk for long periods of time; requires ability to walk and stand; reach outward and upward, climb, crawl, squat, kneel, and bend; requires hand and finger dexterity for keyboarding and working at computer for extended periods of time.
12901 Old River Road
Hopland CA 95449
United States of America
Phone: (707) 744-7601
- Contact Method:
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.