Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
SALARY: $3,936.00 - $4,701.27 Biweekly; $8,528.00 - $10,186.08 Monthly; $102,336.00 - $122,233.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/17/21
CLOSING DATE: 07/07/21 05:00 PM
AC Transit is actively recruiting for outstanding candidates for the position of Marketing Administrator in the Marketing and Communications Department. Under general supervision, administers the Marketing department's most complex marketing and public information projects and ongoing programs; supervises department staff engaged in developing and implementing strategies to market District services, and produces and disseminates service information.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in the Marketing and Communications Department at one of the largest bus agencies in California, serving East Bay customers from San Pablo to Fremont. AC Transit has an outstanding benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
- Administers one or more major District marketing and/or public information projects or programs to build general public awareness, retain and increase ridership, provide service information, and solicit community input.
- Designs and administers assigned projects from inception to implementation; including project plans, work flow schedules, work assignments, and progress reports.
- Provides creative and technical direction, project oversight, motivation, and supervision to assigned staff engaged in the development, planning, and execution of marketing and public information projects and programs.
- Manages program and/or project budgets; submits budget recommendations; and monitors expenditures.
- Administers and conducts research to find vendors for products and services; determines the scope of work, solicits proposals, reviews bids, negotiates costs and fees, reviews contracts and writes contract language, and initiates final purchase following management review and approval.
- Works closely with the Marketing & Community Relations Manager to review ridership and customer satisfaction trends and issues, identify new marketing and service information opportunities and strategies, and set program direction and goals.
- Responds to and interacts with department and executive level managers to plan, execute, and accomplish broad marketing department campaigns and goals within established deadlines.
- Collaborates with other departments to help identify and respond to service performance and information issues; and to develop or modify services and amenities to improve customer satisfaction and increase ridership.
- Represents the District at community, business, and agency meetings; participates on external committees and task forces on behalf of the District; establishes cooperative marketing and information programs with outside entities; and makes presentations to external groups, agencies, and local government officials.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of the District's bus services; maintains familiarity with communities served, and monitors changing demographics, economic development, and political leadership.
- Prepares and presents a variety of periodic and special reports to department and executive level managers, and the board of directors.
- Collaborates with the Grants Administration unit to identify new sources of funding, seek grant funding, and assist in the preparation of grant proposals and related documentation. Performs related duties in the area of assignment, as required.
Publications & Signage Administrator Assignment:
- Administers the District's signage and publications programs involving the display of service information such as schedules, and maps.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the design, development, content, production, and placement of transit information displays using standard and electronic signage at bus stops and other facilities, including interactive information kiosks.
- Develops and monitors procedures to ensure the timely display of accurate and up-to-date schedule and route information; restocking of timetables and other informational materials; and maintenance and repair of all displays.
- Collaborates with regional agencies to create and implement programs for service information and wayfinding at intermodal transit centers.
- Develops service and information databases and customized computer programs to process schedule information for presentation on the World Wide Web; and for point-of- travel signage, and other publications.
- Installs and maintains networked Macintosh desktop and server computer systems, including raster image processing for large-format printing, networked backup systems, and file and database sharing.
Graphic Arts Assignment:
- Administers the creative direction, development and production activities of the Graphics unit.
- Responds to the publications and advertising needs of all District departments and external sources, including graphics, logos, and photographs.
- Consults with District departments to develop branding, messaging, and positioning for marketing campaigns and special events.
- Collaborates with internal staff to develop graphics concepts and execution, ensuring the consistency of both internal and external marketing communications.
- Supervises the activities of vendors and external designers, illustrators, and photographers.
- Maintains Macintosh computer systems for graphics, and upgrades as necessary.
Education: Equivalent to completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, communications, social or public services, graphic arts, or a closely related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of recent and verifiable experience developing and implementing marketing and/or public information programs in the specific area of assignment; such as advertising, public relations, publications and signage, and/or graphic arts. Specific assignments may require equivalent years of experience with relevant computer hardware and software programs, such as the Macintosh platform, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or comparable software for professional typesetting, desktop publishing, and graphics design.
Desired: The ability to speak, and/or write in one or more other languages such as Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Tagalog.
Must maintain the physical condition necessary to: (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; (2) possess physical mobility in order to travel within the District for meetings and presentations; and (3) grasp, lift, and transport marketing materials and equipment weighing up to fifty (50) lbs.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION POSITION, REPRESENTED BY AFSCME
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records up to and throughout the recruitment process. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1600 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94612
Position #21-00303 MARKETING ADMINISTRATOR MC
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency