PR Associate: Sustainability-focused agency seeks remote, FT hire
San Francisco–based branding & PR agency seeks creative PR associate who wants to make a difference in the world by getting media coverage and raising brand profiles for sustainable businesses, cleantech companies, social enterprises and advocacy organizations. This is a full-time staff position focused on media outreach and thought leadership, with a healthy side of social media.
Thinkshift Communications is a small yet mighty branding and PR agency that works exclusively with sustainable businesses, cleantech companies, social enterprises and advocacy organizations. We’re growing, and we’re looking for a creative PR associate to grow with us!
This FT position is primarily media outreach, including writing bylined articles and case studies. Requires 2-5 years of journalism or PR experience.
This is a full-time position, 100% work from home, with a salary of $72,000 plus health insurance. When we are able to return to our downtown San Francisco office, on-site work will be an option, and you will need to participate in periodic in-person meetings with the Thinkshift team and clients.
ABOUT THE AGENCY: THINKSHIFT COMMUNICATIONS
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion—it’s better for us, for our clients and for the world. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
We were founded in 2008 the classic way: over cocktails, on a napkin. We love all our clients, the work is creative and varied, and we’re supportive and fun most of the time (we all have our moments). Thinkshift is a Certified B Corporation, a California benefit corporation and a member of 1% for the Planet. In addition to donating 1% of our revenue to local nonprofits, we typically serve one or two pro bono clients per year.
- URL: https://thinkshiftcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/TS_PR-Associate-Description_2021.pdf
- Level: Associate
- Position Reports To: Sandra Stewart, principal
- Location: remote/West Coast
- Starts On: Feb. 5, 2021, 3:19 a.m.
- Salary: 72,000 to 72,000
Essentials Skills: 2–5 years of journalism or PR experience
Read our post about this job opening: : https://thinkshiftcom.com/seeking-lover-of-storytelling-to-join-thinkshifts-team/
The job: The work is primarily media outreach (developing story ideas and pitching them to media, working with journalists and our clients to tell great stories, building and maintaining media relationships) and writing client articles and case studies. It includes some marketing and management work for Thinkshift. We may also bring you into messaging and brand strategy projects—at a small firm like ours, there’s plenty of opportunity to stretch yourself.
2–5 years of journalism or PR experience
You should be:
• Able to develop enticing media pitches for enterprises with little name recognition or geeky B2B products/services—our clients are mostly startups, social enterprises and midsize professional service firms
• Skilled at developing relationships with journalists—we take a one-on-one approach
• A strong writer, able to produce short and long pieces in varied styles
• Savvy about social media—able to develop strategies and write posts that draw engagement
• A quick study—able to get up to speed quickly on a new industry or unfamiliar technical material
• An independent team player—no need for hand-holding but smart enough to know what you don’t know, confident enough to ask for help when you need it, and an effective collaborator
• Flexible—at a small agency, you end up doing a little of everything
• Able to work from home effectively and efficiently
• Based on the West Coast—even if this remains a fully work from home position, we’ll want to be able to bring you in for meetings efficiently when that’s a thing again
• Analytical—able to develop compelling thought leadership themes
• Strategic thinker—able to develop campaigns that advance client goals
• Actively creative—always coming up with fresh approaches
1715 Jaynes Street
Berkeley CA 94703
United States of America
Sarah Grolnic-McClurg, APR
Phone: (510) 898-1837
- Contact Method:
To apply: email PRjob@thinkshiftcom.com telling us about why you want the gig, relevant work that you’re proud of, and links to your resume, LinkedIn profile and other bona fides.
- Agency: True