Senior Marketing Coordinator
The growing San Francisco office of SmithGroupJJR, an A/E company, is looking for an outgoing Senior Marketing Coordinator to join our awesome team of five! We are seeking a strong communicator and creative who is committed to the design community, who thrives in an environment of collaboration, and who demonstrates leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. This position works with all roles in the firm and all phases of a project; helping win new work through getting recognition for the great work we do.
- Serves as the lead for writing, editing, messaging, design and production of statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations and other marketing materials
- Develops and implements communication strategy including project and personnel internal and external public relations efforts in coordination with Corporate Communications Team
- Composes narrative for marketing materials such as proposals and collateral using creative and persuasive writing skills
- Partners with technical staff to create concepts for and development of collateral
- Develops strategy on project- and studio-specific marketing activities, which may include content marketing plans
- Positions staff initiatives through presentation abstracts, blog development, content messaging, etc.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information to streamline access to information for pursuits and pitches
- Manages photography shoots and photo management of projects and staff
- Produces high quality work products, in terms of accuracy, messaging, content and compliance with requirements
Works collaboratively with fellow team members to continuously enhance deliverables and the working environment
- URL: http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/jobs/827#.WfD7ymhSxaQ
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Starts On: Oct. 12, 2017, 10:54 a.m.
• A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field
• A minimum of three years of experience, with experience in an A/E/C firm preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat are required
An ideal candidate:
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management and clients
• Has the ability to read and understand requests for proposals (RFPs) and qualifications in order to organize and develop a relevant, thoughtful response
• Has proven capabilities to message across various content channels
• Has an interest in and ability to learn about industry-related concepts and apply that understanding to written marketing materials
• Has an eye for design details and can guide development of persuasive graphics that tell concept-based stories
• Can solve problems and work independently, and as a team player
• Shares knowledge with others and seeks out knowledge that can be gained from others
• Is proactive, resourceful, a self-starter and can easily multi-task against deadlines
• Thrives in a collaborative, engaging and fast-paced environment
San Francisco California
- Contact Method:
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer three weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
***We are not currently offering visa sponsorship***
A bit about us, if you don’t know already!
SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
Interested in joining us?
Instructions for applying – please read carefully.
• Go to www.smithgroupjjr.com and go to the Careers page.
• On the San Francisco, CA – Senior Marketing Coordinator posting, please click the Apply here link. Fill in the required information, submit a letter of interest, current resume with salary requirements, and examples of recent work. For the work/writing samples, we are looking for examples demonstrating writing ability related to the requirements above. Applications without a work/writing portfolio will not be considered. No phone calls please.