Senior Marketing Specialist
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future - for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
The Sacramento office of SmithGroup is looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist to join our team.
WORKING WITH US, YOU WILL:
Award Management (30%):
- Maintain an award tracking list including deadlines and submission requirements.
- Work with regional leadership and design leadership through the awards go/no go process to select and prioritize projects/people for award submissions.
- Lead award content development for the region.
- Work closely with the project teams to produce award narratives, graphics and layouts.
- Provide updates to firmwide award tracking database on behalf of the region.
- Assist Regional Marketing Manager in management of awards budget.
Regional/Local Communications (30%)
- Coordinate with communication specialists to develop external messaging strategies and plans to support promotion of regional/office projects and people.
- Work with Regional Marketing Manager and communications team to develop thought leadership content for key office/region staff.
- Support communication team with preparation of assets for execution of communication tactics (e.g. draft social media content, secure images, etc.).
- Establish relationships with targeted local media contacts.
- Support region/office internal communication needs.
- Assist in the response to industry surveys.
- Assist with coordinating regional events, as needed.
Photography Management (25%)
- Manage logistics of project and staff photography process (e.g. work with project team to develop shot list, secure photographers, manage shoot logistics and management and filing of images, etc.).
- Maintain a list of go-to photographers including pricing and up-to-date contracts and terms.
- Assist Regional Marketing Manager in management of photography budget.
Sales & Marketing Support (10%)
- Provide writing support to proposal specialists on proposal responses, as needed.
- Develop and document project stories for use in project sheets, qualifications, and proposals.
- Assist in writing other marketing collateral, as needed.
Leadership and Innovation (5%)
- Provide training and mentorship for other marketing specialists and team members.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in marketing and communications and brings them back to the firm.
- Implement process improvements to streamline awards and photography processes.
- URL: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=4047&company=smithgroupP
- Position Reports To: Regional Marketing Manager
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Starts On: Aug. 26, 2021, 4:09 a.m.
Minimum of seven years of related experience required. (Experience in the A/E/C industry or professional services marketing is preferred.)
Writing experience across multiple channels (news releases, websites, email, social media, award entries, etc.)
The ability to think creatively and strategically.
Excellent time management skills to produce and deliver project assignments under strict deadlines.
Ability to provide counsel in an informed and confident manner.
Skill in effectively operating within a team environment.
- Computer Skills:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Working understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Deltek Vision and Microsoft Teams.
- Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field (preferred).
500 Griswold, Suite 1700
Detroit Michigan 48226
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Phone: (415) 365-3443
- Contact Method:
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link: