PRSA SF Bay Area Chapter Awards
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2019 winners! The Foggies award ceremony was held on October 29 and winners can be found in blue text below, next to the corresponding categories. Stay tuned for our 2020 awards program that will kick offf next summer!
The PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Awards recognize the San Francisco Bay Area’s best public relations programs and the brightest professionals who bring them to life. The inaugural program is open to public relations and communications professionals from agencies, in-house teams, and nonprofits from across the Bay Area. You've done the hard work – time to show it off!
Timeframe and Deadlines
The regular deadline is August 31 with a late deadline of September 15 ($25 late fee). Exemplary work will be celebrated at an awards ceremony in October. Event details will be published to the PRSA-SF website, social media channels and newsletter. Stay informed by signing up for the newsletter here.
Categories for the inaugural awards program are as follows:
Small Agency of the Year - 1-20 (at Bay Area) - This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with less than 20 employees. 2019 winner: Landis Communications
Large Agency of the Year - 20+ (at Bay Area) - This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with more than 20 employees. 2019 winner: Ketchum
Best In-House PR Team of the Year - This award celebrates the accomplishments of an in-house PR team. 2019 winner: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Young Pro of the Year (1-5 years of experience) - This award celebrates the accomplishments of a rising star in the public relations profession. It recognizes the spirit of the next generation of leaders and awards a young professional with less than five (5) years of experience. 2019 winner: Katie Parr, UPRAISE Marketing & Public Relations
Professional of the Year (5+ years of experience) - The award honors the accomplishments of one exceptional public relations professional. It recognizes the professional achievements and activities that have advanced the profession and the practice of public relations during the year. 2019 winner: Annie Dreshfield, Scoop
Diversity & Inclusion Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates a PR campaign that embodies and demonstrates key values in diversity and inclusion. 2019 winner: Porter Novelli, “Porter Novelli Perspectives: We Stand For Love”
Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the best public relations campaign from the past year. 2019 winner: Landis Communications, “LCI Opens New Sutter Health CPMC Hospital in the Heart of San Francisco”
- The awards program is open to all public relations professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area, PRSA Members and Non-Members.
- You may submit to any and all categories but cannot nominate the same agency for the small and big agency awards nor the same person for the young professional and professional of the year awards.
- Materials (campaigns, case study work) for consideration must have been completed during the period between June 1, 2018 to May 30, 2019.
- The submissions period will be open between July 1, 2019 and September 15, 2019.
- Each submission must accompany an entry fee by the August 31 regular deadline and September 15 late deadline. Any entry without a corresponding entry fee will be deemed invalid.
- Judging will be performed by a sister PRSA chapter assigned by PRSA. Prior to forwarding the entries to the judges, the PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Awards Committee will review each entry for the appropriateness of category and may make changes where appropriate. Decisions of the committee are final.
- Requests for additional information and specific questions about the competition can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information regarding membership can be directed to PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Awards Chapter Membership Director Jenna Watson Gudgel at email@example.com.
- The inaugural PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Awards Night will tentatively take place on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at Monroe (473 Broadway, SF, CA). Any parties interested in sponsoring the awards ceremony should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin an entry, submit all fields in this form.
Best of luck to all entrants!
Help us name the awards program
We need your help! Vote for your favorite awards name here through September 30 and watch it unveiled at the ceremony in October.
About PRSA San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 1947 and one of the five founding Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Chapters, we are the Public Relations Society of America, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF). With a robust active membership of more than 300 PR professionals, PRSA-SF functions as a regional division of the Public Relations Society of America, Inc., and serves members within the territory as approved by the Society, including the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, Sonoma and Marin.