PRSA SF Bay Area Chapter Awards
The Foggies PR Awards
The PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Awards Program (The Foggies) recognizes the San Francisco Bay Area’s best public relations programs and the brightest professionals who bring them to life. Entries should demonstrate the highest standards in our profession and showcase the importance of public relations in the Bay Area business community.
This awards program is open to public relations and communications professionals from agencies, consultancies, in-house teams and nonprofits from across the Bay Area. You've done the hard work – time to show it off!
2023 Competition Deadlines
The entry period for 2023 is now closed.
Stay informed on all things Foggies by signing up for the PRSA-SF chapter newsletter here.
2023 Foggies Awards Ceremony
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 6 - 8 p.m.
Location: The Academy SF, 2166 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94114
Get ready to celebrate the 5th Annual Foggies Award Ceremony!
We will honor our winners in PR excellence and commemorate this year’s best PR campaigns and the professionals who brought them to life! We will announce the winners of the 2023 Foggies and have some fun while networking along the way at The Academy SF on Market Street.
Each ticket includes an array of hot and cold appetizers as well as a one hour of hosted bar including beer, wine and several non-alcoholic beverage options.
Categories & Winners
- Leadership Award: This award recognizes an individual for exemplary contributions to the PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter. Finalists are formally nominated by the PRSA-SF Board of Directors, and presented to Awards Committee for consideration.
- Small Agency of the Year - 1 - 20 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with less than 20 employees.
- 2022 Winner: af&co
- 2021 Winner: Bospar
- 2020 Winner: Singer Associates
- 2019 Winner: Landis Communications
- Midsize Agency of the Year - 20 - 49 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with 20 - 49 employees. Sponsor: Businesswire
- Large Agency of the Year - 50+ (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with more than 50 employees.
- Best In-House PR Team of the Year - This award celebrates the accomplishments of an in-house PR team.
- 2019 Winner: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Rising Star of the Year (1 - 5 years of experience) - This award celebrates the accomplishments of a young professional in the public relations profession. It recognizes the spirit of the next generation of leaders and awards a young professional with less than five (5) years of experience.
- 2022 Winner: Sarah Mattina, JetBlue Technology Ventures
- 2021 Winner: Sarah Mattina, JetBlue Techology Ventures
- 2019 Winner: Katie Parr, UPRAISE Marketing & Public Relations
- Professional of the Year (5+ years of experience) - This award honors the accomplishments of one exceptional public relations professional. It recognizes the professional achievements and activities that have advanced the profession and the practice of public relations during the year.
Project & Campaign Recognition:
- DE&I Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates a PR campaign that embodies and demonstrates key values in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 2020 Winner: Landis Communications, "Becoming Independent"
- 2019 Winner: Porter Novelli, “Porter Novelli Perspectives: We Stand For Love”
- Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the best overall public relations campaign from the past year. Sponsor: Cision
- 2022 Winner: Delta Dental of California, "National Smile Month/Mes Nacional de la Sonrisa"
- 2021 Winner: Walker Sands and Iterable, "Navigating the 2020 Holiday Shopping Season"
- 2020 Winner: Ketchum and the California Milk Advisory Board, “Farm to You Field Trips”
- 2019 Winner: Landis Communications, “LCI Opens New Sutter Health CPMC Hospital in the Heart of San Francisco”
- Standout Tactic of the Year - This award celebrates a single tactic that rose above the rest over the past year. Tactics are the activities that a team implements to carry out each strategy.
- 2022 Winner: Backbone Media and Bank of the West, "Money Matters Report: Revealing the Sustainability Intention Gap"
- 2021 Winner: Lynn Harris Medcalf and Adrenaline, "Believe in Banking: Platform with a Purpose"
- 2020 Winner: Landis Communications and the Peninsula Open Space Trust, “POST’s Coyote and Badger Adventure”
- Corporate Social Responsibility Honor Award - Each year this award recognizes the top corporate social responsibility communications plans, tactics, programs and/or campaigns for a specific widespread issue. This year, we are looking at efforts related to employee support programs (from mental health support to physical wellbeing programs and beyond). This is a FREE category to enter. Feel free to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification or with any questions.
About PRSA San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 1947 and one of the five founding Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Chapters, we are the Public Relations Society of America, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF). With a robust active membership of more than 300 PR professionals, PRSA-SF functions as a regional division of the Public Relations Society of America, Inc., and serves members within the territory as approved by the Society, including the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, Sonoma and Marin.
Thank you to our sponsors!