PRSA SF Bay Area Chapter Awards
The Foggies PR Awards
The PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Awards Program (The Foggies) recognizes the San Francisco Bay Area’s best public relations programs and the brightest professionals who bring them to life. Entries should demonstrate the highest standards in our profession and showcase the importance of public relations in the Bay Area business community.
This awards program is open to public relations and communications professionals from agencies, consultancies, in-house teams and nonprofits from across the Bay Area. You've done the hard work – time to show it off!
2022 Timeframe and Deadlines
Applications open on June 1, 2022. The regular entry deadline will be August 31, 2022, with an optional late submission period through September 10, 2022 (late fee applies).
2022 Awards Ceremony & 75th Anniversary Celebration
Friday, October 21, 2022 at 6pm
Location will be announced soon
We are thrilled to celebrate 75 years of PRSA and PRSA San Francisco. To commemorate this significant milestone, we are honoring our winners in PR excellence with the annual Foggies Awards Ceremony. We will look at the great contributions across the SF Bay Area public relations industry from the past year and toast to the 75th anniversary of the organization and our distinguished chapter. Tickets will be available in September 2022.
Stay informed on all things Foggies by signing up for the PRSA-SF chapter newsletter here.
Categories & Past Winners
- Leadership Award: This award recognizes an individual for exemplary contributions to the PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter. Finalists are formally nominated by the PRSA-SF Board of Directors, and presented to Awards Committee for consideration.
- 2021 Winner: John McCartney, Jmac PR
- Small Agency of the Year - 1 - 20 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with less than 20 employees.
- Midsize Agency of the Year - 20 - 49 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with 20 - 49 employees. Sponsor: Businesswire
- Large Agency of the Year - 50+ (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with more than 50 employees.
- 2019 Winner: Ketchum
- Best In-House PR Team of the Year - This award celebrates the accomplishments of an in-house PR team.
- 2019 Winner: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Rising Star of the Year (1 - 5 years of experience) - This award celebrates the accomplishments of a young professional in the public relations profession. It recognizes the spirit of the next generation of leaders and awards a young professional with less than five (5) years of experience.
- 2021 Winner: Sarah Mattina, JetBlue Techology Ventures
- 2019 Winner: Katie Parr, UPRAISE Marketing & Public Relations
- Professional of the Year (5+ years of experience) - This award honors the accomplishments of one exceptional public relations professional. It recognizes the professional achievements and activities that have advanced the profession and the practice of public relations during the year.
Project & Campaign Recognition:
- D&I Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates a PR campaign that embodies and demonstrates key values in diversity and inclusion.
- 2020 Winner: Landis Communications, "Becoming Independent"
- 2019 Winner: Porter Novelli, “Porter Novelli Perspectives: We Stand For Love”
- Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the best overall public relations campaign from the past year. Sponsor: Cision
- 2021 Winner: Walker Sands and Iterable, "Navigating the 2020 Holiday Shopping Season"
- 2020 Winner: Ketchum and the California Milk Advisory Board, “Farm to You Field Trips”
- 2019 Winner: Landis Communications, “LCI Opens New Sutter Health CPMC Hospital in the Heart of San Francisco”
- Crisis Communications Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the top comprehensive crisis communications plan over the past year.
- Standout Tactic of the Year - This award celebrates a single tactic that rose above the rest over the past year. Tactics are the activities that a team implements to carry out each strategy.
- 2021 Winner: Lynn Harris Medcalf and Adrenaline, "Believe in Banking: Platform with a Purpose"
- 2020 Winner: Landis Communications and the Peninsula Open Space Trust, “POST’s Coyote and Badger Adventure”
- Corporate Social Responsibility Honor Award - Each year this award recognizes the top corporate social responsibility communications plans, tactics, programs and/or campaigns for a specific widespread issue. In 2022, we are looking at efforts related to employee support programs (from mental health support to physical wellbeing programs and beyond). Feel free to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification or with any questions.
PRSA SF Bay Area Chapter Member: $99 Regular Rate
PRSA National Member: $125 Regular Rate
Non PRSA Member: $150 Regular Rate
Early Bird Rate: June 1 - 10, 2022 ($25 discount)
Regular Rate: June 11 - August 31, 2021
Late Entry Period: September 1 - 10, 2021 (additional $25 fee applies)
Remember: You can start your application at any time (locking in a lower rate), and update or finish until the submission deadline.
- ATTENTION: all rules must be followed for qualification. Any submissions with missing elements will be disqualified.
- The awards program is open to all public relations professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area, including PRSA members and non-members.
- You may submit to any and all categories but cannot nominate the same agency for the small, midsize and big agency awards nor the same person for the young professional and professional of the year awards.
- Materials (campaigns, case study work) for consideration must have been completed during the period between June 1, 2020 to May 30, 2021.
- The early submissions period will be open between June 30, 2021 and July 11, 2021 and will include discounted rates. The open submissions period will occur between July 12, 2021 and August 31, 2021 and will include regular rates. Entries submitted between September 1 and September 10, 2021 with be accepted and incur a $25 late fee on top of the regular submission.
- Each submission must accompany an appropriate entry fee by the listed deadline. Any entry without a corresponding entry fee will be deemed invalid.
- IMPORTANT: Each submission must include a 300-word overview AND supporting materials in PDF Format. This PDF should include four key elements: Objective, Strategy, Execution and Results. These can also be presented as a traditional Research, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation structure. Entries for Team and Personal Awards must include the 300-word overview, but may include examples of work as supporting materials.
- Judging will be performed by a sister PRSA chapter assigned by PRSA National. Prior to forwarding the entries to the judges, the PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Awards Committee will review each entry for the appropriateness of category and may make changes where appropriate. Decisions of the committee are final.
- Requests for additional information and specific questions about the competition can be directed to Katina Tinka Bush, 2021 Awards Director at email@example.com.
- Information regarding membership can be directed to PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Membership Director Alena Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Foggies Awards Night is still in the planning phases. However, any parties interested in sponsoring the awards ceremony should email email@example.com.
About PRSA San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 1947 and one of the five founding Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Chapters, we are the Public Relations Society of America, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF). With a robust active membership of more than 300 PR professionals, PRSA-SF functions as a regional division of the Public Relations Society of America, Inc., and serves members within the territory as approved by the Society, including the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, Sonoma and Marin.
Thank you to our sponsors!