PRSA SF Bay Area Chapter Awards
The Foggies PR Awards
The PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Awards Program (The Foggies) recognizes the San Francisco Bay Area’s best public relations programs and the brightest professionals who bring them to life. Entries should demonstrate the highest standards in our profession and showcase the importance of public relations in the Bay Area business community.
This awards program is open to public relations and communications professionals from agencies, consultancies, in-house teams and nonprofits from across the Bay Area. You've done the hard work – time to show it off!
2021 Awards Ceremony
We are thrilled to be host our first in-person PRSA San Francisco Chapter event since early 2020 with the 3rd Annual Foggies Celebration and Awards Ceremony!
DATE/TIME: Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
LOCATION: 620 Jones, 620 Jones Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
This event will take place at a San Francisco indoor/outdoor bar and restaurant, and our private event area will have an indoor bar for ordering with outdoor tables for gathering and networking. In accordance with San Francisco Public Health mandates, you will be required to wear your mask in the interior spaces when you are not actively eating or drinking.
For those who are unable to make it, we will livestream the main program via Zoom and we do ask you to complete a free event registration through the tickets page to receive the meeting link.
Categories & Past Winners
- Small Agency of the Year - 1 - 20 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with less than 20 employees.
- Midsize Agency of the Year - 20 - 49 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with 20 - 49 employees. Sponsor: Businesswire
- 2020 Winner: Highwire PR
- Large Agency of the Year - 50+ (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with more than 50 employees.
- 2019 Winner: Ketchum
- Best In-House PR Team of the Year - This award celebrates the accomplishments of an in-house PR team.
- 2019 Winner: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Rising Star of the Year (1 - 5 years of experience) - This award celebrates the accomplishments of a young professional in the public relations profession. It recognizes the spirit of the next generation of leaders and awards a young professional with less than five (5) years of experience.
- 2019 Winner: Katie Parr, UPRAISE Marketing & Public Relations
- Professional of the Year (5+ years of experience) - This award honors the accomplishments of one exceptional public relations professional. It recognizes the professional achievements and activities that have advanced the profession and the practice of public relations during the year.
Project & Campaign Recognition:
- D&I Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates a PR campaign that embodies and demonstrates key values in diversity and inclusion.
- 2020 Winner: Landis Communications, "Becoming Independent"
- 2019 Winner: Porter Novelli, “Porter Novelli Perspectives: We Stand For Love”
- Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the best overall public relations campaign from the past year. Sponsor: Cision
- 2020 Winner: Ketchum and the California Milk Advisory Board, “Farm to You Field Trips”
- 2019 Winner: Landis Communications, “LCI Opens New Sutter Health CPMC Hospital in the Heart of San Francisco”
- Crisis Communications Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the top comprehensive crisis communications plan over the past year.
- Standout Tactic of the Year - This award celebrates a single tactic that rose above the rest over the past year. Tactics are the activities that a team implements to carry out each strategy.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Honor Award - Each year this award recognizes the top corporate social responsibility communications plans, tactics, programs and/or campaigns for a specific widespread issue. In 2021, we are looking at efforts related to mental health awareness and campaigns of support for individuals, employees and the community, especially in light of the effects of the pandemic and extended quarantine.
Stay informed on all things Foggies by signing up for the PRSA-SF chapter newsletter here.
About PRSA San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 1947 and one of the five founding Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Chapters, we are the Public Relations Society of America, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF). With a robust active membership of more than 300 PR professionals, PRSA-SF functions as a regional division of the Public Relations Society of America, Inc., and serves members within the territory as approved by the Society, including the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, Sonoma and Marin.
Thank you to our sponsors!