PRSA SF Bay Area Chapter Awards
The 2020 Foggies PR Awards
The PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Awards Program (The Foggies) recognizes the San Francisco Bay Area’s best public relations programs and the brightest professionals who bring them to life. Entries should demonstrate the highest standards in our profession and showcase the importance of public relations in the Bay Area business community.
This awards program is open to public relations and communications professionals from agencies, consultancies, in-house teams and nonprofits from across the Bay Area. You've done the hard work – time to show it off!
Timeframe and Deadlines
Applications open on July 1, 2020. Early entries are welcome between June 15 and June 30, 2020. The regular entry deadline is September 15, 2020 and the late deadline is September 30 (with late fee). Event details will be published to the PRSA-SF website, social media channels and newsletter. Stay informed by signing up for the newsletter here.
- Small Agency of the Year - 1 - 20 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with less than 20 employees.
- NEW: Midsize Agency of the Year - 20 - 49 (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with 20 - 49 employees. Sponsor: Businesswire
- 2020 Winner: Highwire PR
- Large Agency of the Year - 50+ (in Bay Area offices): This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with more than 50 employees.
- 2019 Winner: Ketchum
- Best In-House PR Team of the Year - This award celebrates the accomplishments of an in-house PR team.
- 2019 Winner: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Rising Star of the Year (1 - 5 years of experience) - This award celebrates the accomplishments of a young professional in the public relations profession. It recognizes the spirit of the next generation of leaders and awards a young professional with less than five (5) years of experience.
- 2019 Winner: Katie Parr, UPRAISE Marketing & Public Relations
- Professional of the Year (5+ years of experience) - This award honors the accomplishments of one exceptional public relations professional. It recognizes the professional achievements and activities that have advanced the profession and the practice of public relations during the year.
Project & Campaign Recognition:
- D&I Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates a PR campaign that embodies and demonstrates key values in diversity and inclusion.
- 2020 Winner: Landis Communications, "Becoming Independent"
- 2019 Winner: Porter Novelli, “Porter Novelli Perspectives: We Stand For Love”
- Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the best overall public relations campaign from the past year. Sponsor: Cision
- 2020 Winner: Ketchum and the California Milk Advisory Board, “Farm to You Field Trips”
- 2019 Winner: Landis Communications, “LCI Opens New Sutter Health CPMC Hospital in the Heart of San Francisco”
- NEW: Crisis Communications Campaign of the Year - This award celebrates the top comprehensive crisis communications plan over the past year. For the 2020 submissions, we are looking for non-COVID-19 communications in this category. Please submit COVID-19 related programs under the “Annual Corporate Social Responsibility Honor Award” category.
- NEW: Standout Tactic of the Year - This award celebrates a single tactic that rose above the rest over the past year. Tactics are the activities that a team implements to carry out each strategy.
- NEW: Corporate Social Responsibility Honor Award - Each year this award recognizes the top corporate social responsibility communications plans, tactics, programs and/or campaigns for a specific widespread issue. This year (2020), we are recognizing efforts related to COVID-19 communications.
PRSA SF Bay Area Chapter Member – $75.00 Regular Rate / $100 Late Rate
PRSA General Member – $112.50 Regular Rate / $127.50 Late Rate
Non PRSA Member – $150 Regular Rate / $175 Late Rate
- Early Rate: June 15 - 30, 2020
- Regular Rate: July 1 - September 15, 2020
- Late Rate: September 16 - 30, 2020
- ATTENTION: all rules must be followed for qualification. Any submissions with missing elements will be disqualified.
- The awards program is open to all public relations professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area, including PRSA members and non-members.
- You may submit to any and all categories but cannot nominate the same agency for the small, midsize and big agency awards nor the same person for the young professional and professional of the year awards.
- Materials (campaigns, case study work) for consideration must have been completed during the period between June 1, 2019 to May 30, 2020.
- The early submissions period will be open between June 15, 2020 and June 30, 2020 and will include discounted rates. The open submissions period will occur between July 1, 2020 and September 15, 2020 and will include regular rates. Late submissions will be accepted through September 30, but a late fee does apply.
- Each submission must accompany an entry fee by the deadline (regular or late). Any entry without a corresponding entry fee will be deemed invalid.
- IMPORTANT: Each submission must include a 300-word overview AND supporting materials in PDF Format (supporting materials must include Objective, Strategy, Execution and Results).
- Judging will be performed by a sister PRSA chapter assigned by PRSA National. Prior to forwarding the entries to the judges, the PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Awards Committee will review each entry for the appropriateness of category and may make changes where appropriate. Decisions of the committee are final.
- Requests for additional information and specific questions about the competition can be directed to Katina Tinka Bush, 2020 Awards Director at email@example.com.
- Information regarding membership can be directed to PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Membership Director John Vernon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Foggies Awards Night is still in the planning phases. However, any parties interested in sponsoring the awards ceremony should email email@example.com.
The submission period has ended. Event information will be shared soon. Stay informed about the event and next year's awards program by signing up for the PRSA-SF newsletter.
Best of luck to all entrants!
About PRSA San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 1947 and one of the five founding Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Chapters, we are the Public Relations Society of America, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF). With a robust active membership of more than 300 PR professionals, PRSA-SF functions as a regional division of the Public Relations Society of America, Inc., and serves members within the territory as approved by the Society, including the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, Sonoma and Marin.
Thanks to our generous sponsors!