PRSA San Francisco Bay Area Appoints 2022 Board of Directors
January 17, 2022
Share this Post:
The Public Relations Society of America San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF), one of the five founding PRSA Chapters, has announced its 2022 Board of Directors, as the Chapter celebrates its 75th year. These individuals are committed to advocacy, mentorship, diversity and inclusion, and are passionate about giving back to the industry in these volunteer roles.
As the world continues to experience new challenges, the 2022 directors are a distinguished group of leaders representative of multiple industries – including technology, higher education, nonprofit organizations, government and independent practitioners – and bring with them years of experience, with multiple members holding accreditation in public relations. They are all committed to supporting the public relations industry, as the PRSA-SF chapter continues to offer virtual professional development programs, educate our members on the evolving landscape and continue our important work in diversity and inclusion.
For the upcoming year, Harper Schmidt has been elected President as Jocelyn Arellano assumes the role of immediate past President. Schmidt currently serves as a Senior Manager of Public Relations for BMC Software and was previously the secretary for the PRSA-SF chapter. In her role as president, she will lead the more than 200 active chapter members representing agencies and in-house brands.
“As we continue to navigate the changing world, I am honored and excited to take on the role as President for the San Francisco Bay Area chapter,” said PRSA-SF 2022 President, Harper Schmidt. “We have elected an incredible board of individuals who are dedicated to supporting our members in the advancement of the profession. This is a milestone year for our chapter, and as such, I hope to recognize the rich history of the chapter and embrace this unique time we’re in, while also continuing to be innovative and future-looking.”
The board of directors for 2022 include:
- President: Harper Schmidt, Senior Manager of Public Relations, BMC Software
- CFO/Treasurer: Tana Johnson, Head of Customer Success, Businesswire
- Director, Professional Development: Alison Hawkes, APR, Director of Communications, San Francisco Department of Public Health
- Director, Awards Program: Katina Tinka Bush, APR, Account Director, Calhoun & Company Communications
- Directors, Programs: David Boman, Manager, Global Public Affairs, Intuitive
- Director, Student Affairs: Nick Rizzo, Senior Account Associate, Hotwire
- Director, APR: Catherine Brozena, APR, Owner, Creative Director, Color This World Communications
- Director, Mentorship: Lynnea Olivarez, VP, Corporate Communications, Encoded Therapeutics
- Immediate Past President: Jocelyn Arellano, Senior Account Executive, Zeno Group
Voting was conducted among chapter members in December, and the directors began their new roles in January 2022. To read more about the board of directors, please visit https://www.prsasf.org/staff/.
About PRSA San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 1947 and one of the five founding Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Chapters, we are the Public Relations Society of America, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF). With a robust active membership of more than 300 PR professionals, PRSA-SF functions as a regional division of the Public Relations Society of America, Inc., and serves members within the territory as approved by the Society, including the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, Sonoma and Marin.