PRSA-SF Bay Area Mentorship Program Kicks Off
May 2, 2020
Share this Post:
Brand new in 2020, we're launching a mentor-mentee program to advance careers in communications. Especially during a global pandemic, we can all use a career cheerleader. Mentorship links mentors and mentees to the community on a deeper level.
First, here are some guidelines:
1. Mentorship period is flexible, and determined by the mentor/mentee.
2. Age is just a guide. However, we recommend mentors should have 5+ years of experience, with mentees at 0-5 years.
3. Communicate how you like. We suggest either face-to-face or video conferencing within the first month. It's up to pairs to create a schedule.
4. Must be a PRSA-SF or PRSSA member.
Interested in getting involved?
1. Email email@example.com with the subject line, 'I'M INTERESTED IN THE MENTOR PROGRAM!' with your preferred involvement (mentor/mentee).
2. Include a brief bio, your resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
3. Indicate the type of mentor/mentee you're interested in connecting with. It could be someone in a specific industry, with a certain amount of experience or credential, or specialty.
4. Expect an email from PRSA-SF Bay Area with a few match suggestions within a few weeks. We'll work with individuals to assign the best match possible.
That's it! For more details, keep an eye on our page https://www.prsasf.org/mentorship/.