Michael Smart's Pitching Boot Camp is back on April 24 plus his new Media Relationships workshop!
Even though the Bay Area papers are laying off staffers and the market’s broadcast outlets are changing rapidly, savvy PR pros are taking advantage of the disruption in the media landscape to earn more coverage than ever before. That’s why this special seminar offered by PRSA-San Francisco is such a great opportunity.
As part of our efforts to bring national-caliber speakers to our area, we’re bringing Michael back to San Francisco. He’s even willing to deliver his program at a deep discount. Michael Smart has been giving seminars on media pitching for the past nine years across the country.
When we offered Michael’s workshop last year, it sold out three weeks before the event. He regularly sells out other PRSA events, including Houston, New York, and Washington, DC. You'll want to register now to make sure you get a spot. And this year, we’re adding another of Michael’s workshops: Building Media Relationships, in addition to the updated version of his Pitching Boot Camp that he gave last year. You can attend one, or stay all day to learn from both and take advantage of additional savings.
If you are ready to register NOW, Click Here.
Pitching Boot Camp - the Secrets of the New Media Relations Superstars
Michael’s most popular workshop offers hundreds of intensely practical tips that will instantly boost your media and blog coverage. Those trained by Smart have scored coverage on the front page of the New York Times, in the Wall Street Journal and USA Today, and on CNN and NBC’s “Today.”
You will learn:
• How to take advantage of the upheaval in the media industry.
• “Story boosters” that turn ordinary news into stories journalists and bloggers crave.
• The anatomy of perfect phone and email pitches.
• What to say or write to grab influencers’ attention every time.
• How pitching bloggers is similar to and different from pitching to other media.
• The secret test journalists subconsciously apply to every pitch that has nothing to do with newsworthiness.
• Four proven formulas for winning email pitch subject lines.
• A specific pattern for knowing exactly when to follow up with your media contacts, and when not to.
• What most annoys journalist and bloggers, and how to avoid it!
Building Media Relationships Workshop
Journalists’ and bloggers’ needs and priorities have changed dramatically. This workshop tells you how to meet them, even when you don’t have a story to pitch. Become a trusted resource; get your emails opened and your calls taken. The program is set up to take you step by step from being unknown to a target influencer to becoming BFFs. Including:
• Free resources to ID the outlets and influencers who matter most
• A specific process to use social media and email to get on their radar screen
• How to get them to take your calls and eventually meet in person
• How to position your spokespeople as sources – what the media is looking for
• Examples of PR people just like you who started from scratch and now have reliable relationships
Friday April 24, 2015
8:30 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
Wells Fargo Training Center
333 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
8:30-9:00 a.m. Registration and Networking
9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Pitching Boot Camp - the Secrets of the New Media Relations Superstars
12:30-1:15 p.m. Break for Networking and lunch (Lunch provided at additional cost)
1:15-1:30 p.m. Registration for afternoon session
1:30-5:00 p.m. Building Media Relationships workshop
One workshop: $149/members, $199 non-members
Both workshops: $249/members, $324 non-members
Optional Lunch: $20
Selections: Roasted Turkey Sandwich; Tuna Salad Sandwich; Vegetarian Sandwich
NOTE: Special group pricing for groups of 4 or more from the same company. Get the membership rate for all 4 attendees. If you would like to attend as a group, email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend as a group.